Friday, July 15, 2005

Some days it pays to get out of bed




It’s confirmed. The original Party Girl herself, Carolyn Mark, is making a live appearance on Dusty Trails for my pre-Folk Fest special.

Carolyn’s latest release, Just Married, further cements her party reputation with duets featuring other Canadians, including Corby Lund, Luke Doucet, the Silver Hearts , NQ Arbuckle and too many others to list. She has a wild sense of humour and a dramatic flair, which could make for a fun show.

I also finagled some goodies from the Folk Fest crew to give away during the show. Once again, it’s Sunday, July 31, from 2 to 4 p.m., on CJSR FM88.5

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Kimmis said...

Speak, o noble purveyor of Folk Fest knowledge -- who should I see this year?

5:28 PM  
Blogger Dusty Bear said...

It being Sunday, you must please the Lord: attend The Spirit Sings session with Ruthie Foster, Mavis Staples, Quicksilver and Amos Lee on Stage 3. . .

And me being Ukrainian, I decree you must go to Stage 7 for Paris to Kyiv.

Ah, shit. I dunno. I'd like to catch Danny Michel's show in the afternoon and Mary Gauthier is a must see for me at 5 p.m. And I'd really recommend the Weakerthans - the singer used to be in Propaghandi - but then Amos Lee would be cool and he's at the same time.

You know, it's often up to chance. I might love one performer, but it might not be your cup of tea.

Definitely stay for John Prine on the mainstage. And Alison Krauss. You'd be sorry to miss them otherwise. (Ryan Adams kinda goes without saying.)

Just be sure to keep away from them dunces, Ignatius.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home